Pages

Yahaan bhi hai Wahaan bhi hai !

Monday, August 4, 2008

Kya tha, kya se kya ho gaya-aa-aa

Have you ever argued upon something you had absolutely no idea about and later had your point proved right? Its a nice feeling getting your (logically derived) point across and then proving it even though you hardly knew anything about the topic of discussion when it actually took place...no? [- no don’t answer just now! you'll know why I’m saying this after you've read the whole post.]

In school we had loads of fun. And not just loads. Loads and loads and loads and load and.... you get the idea, right?

So…yes. We had loads of fun. We enjoyed so much that I was totally convinced that that was the most fun anyone could ever have. And all this fun I 'blame' on the school and the friends I was with. No other place would have been as heavenly and no other friends as much fun. It was bliss!! Total unadulterated bliss!

Sometimes, in between this bliss, came people who said college life would be even more fun. This is what I argued against. "College life?? Fun?? without this school and these friends?? Nah, I don't believe you" – and this was when they gave a knowing smile and said: "You'll know when you go to college." – and this was where I would argue even more adamantly, with the same points, give up, and then start dreading the school leaving day.

The day finally came. And much as we didn’t want to, we were forced to pass-out…

Then there was a new school … and I passed out …both, in shock and, eventually, from the school. This school will require another post. Another time.

…and then I came to college. People would ask me “Which college?” – and I'd tell them – and they’d go – “Oooh !!” – If only they knew … I go “oooooh” to convey a very different emotion every day at 7a.m. when I realize I have to attend college again! Boring. (and an adverb for added emphasis) Terribly boring.

There are people in this college who call themselves “friends”. Outside, I smile a trying-to-approve smile, and nod... Inside, I’m mostly rolling on the floor, laughing… and at other times wishing they knew friendship as I know it – be rid of their wrong notion once and for all, and not embarrass themselves.

So we come back to my first point again. It’s a nice feeling when you are later proved right…no? NO ! – Not when your point is as depressing as mine.

The only satisfaction that I now have is that I can safely use my favorite sentence of four words. “I AM ALWAYS RIGHT



PS: The good thing(s) about college will come in another post.

30 comments:

Shilpi said...

days a reli reli nice article...n as u say...u r alwez rite...n u seriously r,...its reli nice da way u hav toked abt us,...skul frnds...n its reli sad dat u hav been tryin to c ur colg as interestin n hav alwez failed to do it...n u knw wat...fake ppl wil alwez b around hw mch u try to avoide them...cz i thnk more dan half of this wrld is fake....i shudnt get into ritin...i thnk...cz i rite such boring stuff...eww...bt i reli njoyed ur article in fact i cud reli imagine u fightin for our skul....hehe...il stop cz u r too mch in a hurry to read da comment or post watevr u call it...

Think Tank said...

it takes a loretian 2 understand wat unadulterated bliss wid frnds is...hate colg 2 ...and btw my colg is as much a brandname here and well so on and so forth ...cud hav stayed in loreto 4eva

Trinaa said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...
i miss school too.. :(
nothing,no dumb college can replace ur school EVER!!
...LORETO ROCKS!!!
cheerio to the new post :)) :))

jayu said...

school days are always the best- specially if the school is Loreto !!!
But eventually we have to leave,go to college[ which isnt always
boring :P] AND THEN enter 'real life'-a career,maybe marriage [!!] and so on.. am I frightening you?

having gone thru these stages let me add- the best days of my life were spent in school-Loreto Convent,Ranchi.They cant come back,but whatever I learnt there-education and otherwise- has made me the person I am today,and given me strength and the moral fibre to face any adversity.As tinni said-lORETO ROCKS!!

HP said...

@shilpi: thanks for finally commenting !! - wish we cuould have another reunion soon.

@think tank: i wish....

@tinni: remember the huge board that was put up for our autographs during the reunion? I think all of us had written "Loreto Rocks" in bold in that :)) - want to visit school sometime this week ?

@jayu di: i agree... and you ARE frightening me. told you i'll go directly to Vanaprastha after Brahmacharya - i mean it!
i believe all Loretians would say the same abt school. Its the best ! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ab kya kahu....i corrected u once yesterday..great post....☺ ☺ ☺






-
you-know-who{proudly the first person to read the rough draft (apart from hp :P)}

HP said...

thanks motey! :) ...for the absolutely useless correction also. :P

how have u made those smileys ??? on Word ?

Anonymous said...

alt+1 gives a smiley, search for ascii table on google :D ☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→...so on




-the same person[but undedited this time :D]

Urv said...

Thankfully I can say that school and college were both the best days of my life.. Job life.. well let me not get started on it..

Lucifer said...

that somehow happens in college...esp d big brandname ones...i have felt dat myself...u were rite :)

Bhumi said...

i dont have any feelings ...... but seems like loreto caught u ppl ka hearts forever.... but i love my col. .... diwali aane do paanch sau bomb girayenge wahan pe...hunh!

HP said...

@ urv: wow ! where are ur college related posts ?? i'll read them to compensate for my miserable colg life !

@ mayz: finally! i was waiting for someone to acknowledge that i'm right! :D

@ bhumi: if u need help, u know my number. teehee

Anonymous said...

ok wow..so many comments! (i hope u have guessed who i am)

...heeer get out of it!?!...u know one of my teacher keeps telling us be happy try to look at the brighter side of things...so thank God that u didnt go to gossner college, u atleast got a brandname college.

there is absolutely no denying the fact that school days infact Loreto days are the funnest and the best part of our lives,definitely ..! but now get over it,, try to enjoy life..ok? ok.. im getting extremely boring n teachery but the crux of the matter is that: be happy that a part of your school life exists even today in the form of your great friends from school(tinni,shilpi u will agree.. hehe!) so be happy...hahaha:)

HP said...

yes, teacher ! - half of the comments are mine only :( lol. and i am happy...in general at least. so u stop nagging me to be happy. i start feeling like god if im too happy n then ppl tease me ! ;)

btw, would it have hurt to put ur name ?? silly !! :P

Stupidosaur said...

What I read in Reader's Digest:

Its always good to be a pessimist.
Either you are proved right, or get pleasantly surprised.

You got proved right :)

HP said...

yes. i AM always right. but it certainly would have been better to get pleasantly surprised. ;)

Lucifer said...

blogrolled ya :)

HP said...

thanks! i was just going to blogroll u. same pinch :P

Anonymous said...

y dint u tell me 2 read dis??tinni does so much of publicity n promotion work 4 her blog..!!!kuch seekho heer....i completely agree wid watever u ve writtn abt school n college....bt i still refuse 2 believe dat u r always right..!!!u "GHAMANDI" girl..!!!

HP said...

what does tinni do for her blog ?? she does more for my blog than for her own !
and i AM always right. and it'd be good if u could just stop grumbling and accept the fact !

Trinaa said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh..so many comments..thank me!! ;)
no no ur article's gr8 hence...

HP said...

yes.. thanks tinni :)

Urv said...

Well college related zyaada nai hai.. Kuch zyaadi hi senti ho jata hai apun likhte likhte..

HP said...

fir to zaroor likho ! :)

Lala said...

wait till you start working. this is rock bottom.

but then... i'm not married.. maybe that is rock bottom...

till then i'll stick with work. have fun till college lasts.

-senile old man.

HP said...

damn !
Vanaprastha, here i come !!

Trinaa said...

m going... :( byeeeeeeeee

peter said...

I agree wid argument thng ..that sometimes we end up giving ryt point which v ver not familiar wid !!

but I kinda disagree on the fact that skool life is bettr than collg !!
depends from person to person actually ....and specially wen u live in a hostel ..and attend collg it's a diff feeling altogether !

HP said...

trina - nice place to leave a message !

peter - welcome to the blog . yeah it depends from person to person. glad u had a wonderful time in college ! :)