Pages

Yahaan bhi hai Wahaan bhi hai !

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Awards, Quotes and Tags

I got an award! yayy !! I got an award !!! - from Mayuri and Trinaa, both of whom have written some fantastic things for me *beaming smile* :

Mayuri says: "she is one heck of a blogger..and like tinni...a complete whacko.!!..We do crazy things together and i absolutely love it!..Way to go HP...!!"

Trinaa says: "my bestest friend.. She is an awesome photographer and has a brilliant eye for details…and can summarize incidents in a shade of humour that I suspect she has probably invented herself ;D… Love you for all that hp.."



Guys, I'm overwhelmed. Thanks ! :)


... the award comes with some rules:

1. The winner may put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Put a link to the person you received the award from.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to the blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

I nominate (and tag with the Quotations Tag below):

Urv: An amazing blogger and a FRIENDS fanatic like me. He's disappeared for a while but hopefully should be back soon.

Mayuri
: Don't call me stupid for giving it back to you. You deserve it - coz you're awesome.

Trinaa: Same goes for you. Thanks for being there for me - both on the internet and off it. :)

Stupidosaur: He writes hilarious stuff and has inspired me to post one of my own PJs.

Scriblers Inc: He's brilliant! I love the spooky stuff he writes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Trinaa tagged me again with The Quotations Tag where I have to write quotes from my favourite books.

(I have mentioned my obsession with quotes on a previous post. You have been warned.)

ATLAS SHRUGGED
- Ayn Rand

1. Whatever we are, its we who move the world and its we who'll pull it through.

2. What greater wealth is there than to own your life and to spend it on growing?

3. I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

4. "Hi, Slug." - "Hi, Frisco."

THE FOUNTAINHEAD
- Ayn Rand

1. I've taught you a great deal and nothing. No one can teach you anything, not at the core, at the source of it. What you're doing - its yours. I can give you the means, but the aim - the aim's your own.

2. Howard Roark built a temple to the human spirit. He saw man as strong, proud, clean, wise and fearless. He saw man as a heroic being. And he built a temple to that.

3. We never need to say anything to each other when we're together. This is for the time we won't be together. I love you.

CALVIN AND HOBBES
- Bill Watterson

1. Valuable minutes are disappearing forever even as we speak!! We've got to have more fun !!

2. Each moment I should be able to say, "I'm having the time of my life right now!"

3. Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend.

4. Moms and reasons are like oil and water

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
- Douglas Adams

1. It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

2. Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

3. I think fish is nice, but then I think rain is wet, so who am I to judge?

4. All this way, all this trouble, all this not-lying-on-the-beach-having-a-wonderful-time, and for what?

5. "Out", he said. People who can supply that amount of firepower don't need to supply verbs as well.


Think Tank
, if you don't mind, I'd like you to do the Quotes tag - coz i know you've read tens of thousands of books. Do it if you feel like. ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I have another tag due. But all in good time, my friends...all in good time. ;)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I chanced upon your blog and enjoyed the recent post immensely. Especially the Calvin and Hobbes quotes. :)
And great blog design btw.

Trinaa said...

thank god u didnt do all three at d same time like me...awesome quotes btw..n oh..thanks 4 d award..again!! :))))))))))

Scribblers Inc said...

Gee...thanks for the award!! :D

Scribblers Inc.

P.S.- If you like the blog, hang around...as I always promise, the best stuff is yet to come... :)

Mayuri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mayuri said...

thanx fr the award....and i "will" do the quoatations wala tag soon..i promise ;)

Homer said...

Nice quotes.. liked them really..

$mit@ said...

gosh...the quotes....they r some of my favourites....thank you so much...for putting a smile on my face...every laugh we can get is worth n arm n a leg! :-) so thanks again!good job!

HP said...

@ woodsmoke: thanks ! arent Calvin and Hobbes simply adorable ?? wlecome to the blog :)

@ trinaa: i learn from the mistakes others make ;)

@ scribblers inc: most welcome. i'm totally addicted to your blog so there's no question of not hanging around!

@ mayuri: yup. i'm waiting !!

@ homer: thanks! and welcome to the blog!

@ $mit@: :) ...the pleasure is mine - its always great to know i helped someone smile :) thanks !

PI said...

i need to read ayn rand sometime soon.
and calvinisms always make me smile. i thoroughly agree with the first one, "Valuable minutes are disappearing forever even as we speak!! We've got to have more fun !!" if only things could always be that simple :)
and thanks for the compliment about the name :)

rantravereflect/ jane said...

nice awards thee :) congratzzzz! yupperz!!

and well, loved the ayn rand quotes :)
n calvin n hobbes as usal :)

keep it going!

Stupidosaur said...

Thanks!

I'll put up your award as soon as I figure out who all should I give it to :)

THE FOUNTAINHEAD is quite inspiring. Haven't read ATLAS SHRUGGED though.

Calvin's too good.

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY - biggest fan! On every page douglas adams cracks about 10 jokes if you can undertsand them.

I have read the whole series! Also since they were not a planned series, there is also a complilation of extra chapters. Have to read yet!

Think Tank said...

arey behan ...quotes dhoondhne padte hain ...ok i'll do it ..all in gud time ;)

Chaggoholic.... said...

Hey loved the quotes. And also congrats for the award. Kp writin man....

HP said...

@ pseudo intellectual: yep. you do! those two books are awesome. and yes Calvinism .. the best anti-depressant.

@ jane: thanks !!

@ stupidosaur: Atlas Shrugged is equally awesome. in fact i find it awesomer coz i read it before Fountainhead.
Yes. while reading Hitchhikers... i dint know what quotes/jokes to collect and what not to..!

@ think tank: yeah ... am very patient ;)

@ chaggoholic: thanks !!